Making a search
For the different search options, the application will return all the results using an AND operation on all the filled-in search fields.
Searches can be made by:
- Document content.
- Document name.
- Keywords (document properties tab).
- Document type (MIME type).
- Whole of property groups defined (parametrization).
- By user
- Date range.
- Only in some folder.
- Has some category
- In some context, or all.
- By type ( document / folder / mail )
It is possible to use special characters (wildcards) to do searches, in which case it is important to distinguish between the following cases:
- In the name field, write "docu". The search will return all the documents that are called "docu" with any extension.
- In the name field, write "docu*". The search will return all the documents whose name begins with "docu".
- In the name field, write "?ocu*" . The search will return all the documents where the first character doesn't matter, but is followed by the characters, "ocu".
Once a search has been done, it can be saved for future sessions by entering a name that identifies it and clicking on the "Save search" button. Stored searches are displayed in the side panel.
See also Searching with OpenKM.